ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Feeling rejected by my co-workers
View Single Post
sometimesub

sometimesub

Old 05-04-2019, 02:32 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

It sounds to me as though you have little respect for them and that you have good reasons for not respecting them so I don't really understand why you are hurt that they don't accept you. In my previous job I had to work with people like that - teachers and support staff who acted like they were in middle school. They were unprofessional, they gossiped about staff and students alike, new teachers and support staff always got raked over the coals and anyone who was highly successful was automatically the enemy. This clique pretended to accept me but I was always aware that I was that girl you always find in a middle school clique who is only accepted so they'll have someone to laugh at and gossip about behind her back. When I was in middle school it would have hurt my feelings but as an adult I just thought they were a bunch of juvenile twits. It was wearing having to make nice with people I didn't like and it was a relief when I left that job and didn't have to deal with them anymore but they really never had the power to hurt my feelings. People only have that power if you give it to them.

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net