ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Last few days
Thread: Last few days
View Single Post

omacrulzzz

What grade do you teach?
Old 05-16-2014, 11:44 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I teach elementary school, so I was wondering what grade you teach, because it may make a difference in what you're looking for. Depending on the class, I do a number of different things on the last few days. If I have a really behaviorally-challenged class, I may pull out a music bingo game like instrument or solfege bingo and have them play it. you can google it and I'll bet there are bingo games online. Bring candy for prizes and play it all day. As long as it teaches a music concept, it's good and it keeps the children focused and calm. For some of my better behaved groups, I might have them play in a drum circle for the last few days or do folk dancing. Videos are good too. Beethoven Lives upstairs, and any of the HBO composer specials are good and you can bring in examples of their music for the kids to listen to or make up a crossword puzzle with music terms for them to fill in. If you have a smartboard, I would play the "staff wars" game on the computer with them. It teaches students the notes of the staff and it's free to download. Just google "staff wars" to find it. It's awesome. It's really a one player game, but I just split the class into teams and have each student run up to the board to answer a question. If you don't have a smartboard, you could put 5 lines of tape on the floor and get a bean bag (or fill a sandwich bag with beans and tape it up real good) and have students toss the bean bag on the staff and guess the note name for points. hope this is helpful. Good luck.
omacrulzzz is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net