ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Teaching Strategies
View Single Post

BioEducator87

Thanks
Old 02-22-2018, 09:31 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

NerdTeach, thanks for the great suggestions! I currently use Youtube/Amoeba Sisters, but I have had some students complain about videos. This is my third year teaching and third school I've been at, and I've never had a lab or any lab equipment provided! It makes things kind of hard to make learning biology engaging. I've used games like Kahoot and Quizizz, and have them watch videos, but I need some new instructional methods. i also have done some small lab activities using items I can get from the dollar store, but I don't do these often. They generally do not pay attention beyond 10 minutes of instruction, if that.

tmbg, thank you! I actually used Webquest today, although I was not able to get the laptops I requested (person responsible was not here) and I only have 1 classroom computer. So I had the students us their cell phones. Some students were engaged, others not so. I just have a lot of unmotivated students. But I am expected to push them to grow and pass the state test at the end of the year.
BioEducator87 is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net