ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Power shut off in CA
View Single Post

Kinderkr4zy

Old 10-09-2019, 09:18 PM

Quote:
two fresh bottles of wine to add to my collection.
I thought I was bad for thinking about stocking up on wine I walked through the wine aile and thought...hhmmmm it is important to manage stress and stay calm in the face of disaters ya know.

I did everything else that was suggested-they are now saying power outages could last 5-7 days

I have some cash, and a full tank of gas. Electronics and additional battery packs are charged up. I checked meds-we should have plenty. I made sure I have 2 -5 gallon water jugs filled (we have a well so no power means no water.) I made sure we have 7 days of shelf stable foods planned out at meals with plenty of snacks. Pantry foods are mostly carb/sugar/salt loaded crap so my son was thrilled when he saw what was in the bags . We have a gas stove so we can still heat up foods. I filled a bunch of empty water bottles and put them in the freezer (this was the tip to help keep freezer foods frozen longer after the power goes out). Ice chest is ready for if we need it past 48 hours. Everybody had to wash their hair. I have some cleaning cloths if we need to freshen up sans showers for a few days. Laundry is caught up. Plenty of candles (never did get those lanterns though). I also filled 2 buckets with water and left them on the porch-these will be for daily mandatory toilet flushes-you have to flush at least once or twice a day-eeeewwww. I went out and bought 2 new books for each of us and new deck of cards. We are as ready as we will ever be I guess.
Kinderkr4zy is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net