ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Admin obsessed with social media
View Single Post

MsBTexas

Admin obsessed with social media
Old 10-19-2019, 09:53 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

This is a really random vent I know--but I'm curious--does anyone else have admin who are obsessed with posting every little thing done in school (extracurricular or in the classroom) on social media and getting the teachers to do the same thing?

Don't get me wrong--I enjoy social media most times. I even agreed to be the person in charge of our school's Instagram (so I make all the posts for it and go to all school events in order to make the posts). In addition, I teach the journalism classes at my school and lead our student news organization--so social media is a big deal.

BUT, I feel like ALL my admin (principal especially) care about is making Twitter and Instagram posts allllllll day long. It almost seems like they try to make posts about things with their own personal accounts first in order to one-up our student media posts before we can post about the same events! It makes it feel like I'm constantly having to worry about what I am going to post next as opposed to actually being in the moment and enjoying the lesson or school event. And lord help the teachers who don't even have Twitter or Instagram accounts--it's like they are basically sneered at by our superiors because of it. Haha--sorry. Rant over. Just had to get that off my chest in a safe place.

MsBTexas is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net