ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - the ants go marching two by two hurrah, hurrah,
View Single Post

walkingdi

Salt
Old 08-10-2011, 11:33 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #12

A few years ago I also had an ant invasion. I really did my research and one of the methods that was given was to use salt. The idea is you first need to watch where they are coming from and when you see where the trail is you sprinkle salt. The hard part of this method is that you can't kill the ants when you see them in the trail. The reasoning is that these are the worker ants and if they don't come back the queen will just send out new troops to do the job. If you allow the workers to bring the salt back to the nest you will be able to kill the ants and more importantly the queen. The way that salt works could be considered cruel. The ants will eat off the salt crystals and when it takes in water the body of the ant will bloat up and it will literally make the ant explode. It took about 10 days and they were gone. I had them in my kitchen and the bathrooms too and the salt did the trick. Good luck!!

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net