ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Help-Research Paper for 5th grade!!
View Single Post
the beach

the beach

Old 04-06-2011, 05:59 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

My students will do a research project on countries. I have my students pick a country that interests them or of their heritage (they love picking that). We're learning about the 13 colonies and the Revolutionary War, so we talk about our ancestors moving here from other countries. I have a paper that explains what is to be included in the research paper, and a rough draft paper to help the students organize their paper along with a letter to parents explaining all of it (at school though).

Besides the research paper, I have my students create a power point presentation where it highlights important information to present to the class on our "Around the World Day". On this day, the students present their countries to the class with their power point. I also have the students bring in a food that represents their country. Some times I have a student who doesn't bring anything it, but most do. It's really interesting to see what the students bring in. Every year I want to make a recipe book with all of the different foods, but I haven't gotten there yet. Someday though....

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net