ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - This Will Cause Me Grief...I Know!
View Single Post

Agent99

This Will Cause Me Grief...I Know!
Old 03-29-2015, 12:48 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Okay, I am going to write something here that may cause me a lot of grief. But I have learned in life, that I am no one special. Therefore, if I am thinking it, most likely someone else is too.

I stopped coming in here for a while, but decided to return today because I missed the support most of the subs provide to one another. What I didn't miss were the "Teachers" that come into this particular board, for Substitute Teachers; not referring to the retired teachers that are subbing now, but the full-time primary teachers still with their own classrooms. The ones that come into this board to berate those subs whose posts they do not agree with or trying to enlighten us towards our jobs.

As I read the posts today, I see this has not changed. I have found in life that teachers are some of the most judgmental individuals in our society. They get in the authoritarian mode and cannot seem to turn it off. I have a sister that I dearly love that is a retired teacher. When she was still teaching, she had this problem too, being reminded occasionally.

There are many professions that battle this issue, my former one included. Social workers are not suppose to judge, but oh my goodness do they ever. Especially each other.

Point being. This is a board for substitute teachers that is suppose to be a safe place to address concerns and provide support. We are old enough, smart enough and fully capable of helping each other, and do not need a "professional" to come in and tell us "how it is." We have sat in their seats, but have they sat in ours?

I am sure one less substitute teacher not coming into this forum will not be missed. But again, I stress....if one person is thinking something...then it's a sure thing others are too.

Agent99 is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net