ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - This Will Cause Me Grief...I Know!
View Single Post

seenthelight

Old 03-29-2015, 01:32 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

I've subbed and I've taught. I reply when I feel I have insight. It's not meant as a flame. I do have to say, again having been in both positions, being a full time teacher changes your perspective. When I was subbing, I worked hard and thought all of my fellow subs did the same. Now I know it's not the case. A good sub is worth their weight in gold because a good deal of bad subs are out there. Unfortunately, that some times colors how teachers react. Personally, I browse this board to help and to make sure I don't lose sight of the little things for those times when I do have a great sub. I try my best to treat the great subs I'be found in a way that would make them want to come back to my classroom. I'd hate to lose a sub because of an issue that didn't even occur to me. So when sub posts come up on the new posts list, I read them. I would also hope that we could all learn from each other. I would not think to request that subs not reply to my posts. If you have insight as to what I am posting, reply, and I will continue to do the same.

seenthelight is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net