ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - My coworker
Thread: My coworker
View Single Post

shush

My coworker
Old 10-17-2020, 08:07 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

How do you deal with a coworker who is hypocritical, gossiper and careless? Well, one of my coworkers is very hateful towards me. She talks bad about me to management, gossip to people who work with me. She has been working there for over 10 years so even when she does something wrong her go to is " well, I have been here longer than you and I know what I am talking about... she uses her phone during worktime, she leaves room when we are out of ratio to go to bathroom and spends about 15 min sitting there texting people. She also go to bathroom right before my lunch which makes me late for my lunch. She doesn't pay attention what food she serves to children and the other day she gave one of our kids whole milk (he is lactose intolerant). He had diarrhea all day. When I asked if she accidentally give him whole milk she said: "No, but it is not like he is allergic to milk, he just gets diarrhea". I was shocked. Managment doesn't do anything to her because we don't have enough people (lots of people quit because of the atmosphere at work).

Our lead teacher is bestie with her (they worked together before and she also manipulates our lead teacher a lot) so when I try to talk to my lead, she says don't argue with her and we need to find something in common. When I try to talk to my coworker, she does more talking and I end up just ignoring her because its a verbal diarrhea. She clearly can't tolerate me, she doesn't like the ways I do my job. According to her, I multitask too much, I am too soft spoken, I would rather play with kids than do other things (kids learn through play so I sing to children and play with them when I can) I do lots of things in the classroom that she might not see. I really like my room and kids but it is stressing me out how she always find things I do wrong and gossips about it.. I am very laid back person and go with the flow but lately I have been thinking to quit my job and just stay at home.

shush is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net