ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - FYI California EDD info
View Single Post

Sirsubalot

Old 09-15-2020, 07:22 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #11

I had $250 worth of sick pay that was supposed to be submitted by June 19, but I was afraid to submit it because I might need to report it as income to EDD, even though it was from 2019. I should ask the sub coordinator if I can still submit it.

Tonight I was given the option to click " yes" on the link provided by Calif EDD stating I might be eligible for the extra stimulus and extension.

The problem is that although nothing is available from two of my districts, one of my districts is coming through with some jobs.
Tomorrow I will work my 3rd straight day and earn at least $450 this week. if I don't take these jobs, my sub coordinator will rat me out.

If the $300 stimulus is retroactive back to August 1st, and is extended 13 weeks, then these darn jobs might cost me as much as $10,706 in benefits. I might be earning too much this week to get an extension.

Even if I work every day for 13 weeks, I will net only $9750, so at best I will lose $956 by going back to work.
My guess is that if we cannot extend our claims, then we will likely not be eligible for the seven weeks of retroactive stimulus pay from before our claims ended.

If I could at least get the $2100 of retroactive stimulus pay, it would ease the sting of going back to work.

Does anyone know whether or not we are eligible for the retroactive stimulus if we cannot extend our claims?
Sirsubalot is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net