ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - New Teacher Here- Just Hired!
View Single Post

ThePoet

New Teacher Here- Just Hired!
Old 06-20-2017, 06:30 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I just wanted to introduce myself to PT. I just signed up today, and I have been reading through many of the threads these past few days, and I can tell that this is going to be an extremely valuable resource for me! I was just offered a teaching position at a middle school, teaching language arts for 6th grade and 8th grade. I go to sign the contract this Thursday-yay! I am so excited that I landed a teaching job, as it is no easy feat here, and I had to sub all last year with two long-term sub jobs to try to network. I interviewed and was turned down for six jobs, and I was beginning to get discouraged, but I hit the jackpot and got offered this position, and I've been told it's a great school! I have a Master's in English and a tiny bit of experience teaching freshman English while I was in grad school. I had middle school students for my student teaching during my Bachelor's, and one of my long term subs was with the exact grades I will be teaching. I found that experience to be VERY overwhelming, and I was quite overstimulated most of the time. I really do not want to blow it because I have been told that if you're not renewed or get great references your first year, no other school will hire you. I want to do well and stay put!

Any advice? I've ordered 5 classroom management books (the classics everyone has recommended)

ThePoet is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net