ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Sub Plans?
Thread: Sub Plans?
View Single Post

whd507

as a sub...
Old 09-15-2018, 09:39 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

I've seen plenty of plans, and some were great, some were lacking, some were confusing. I seek to continue the learning stream, and keep the class on track. plans that help me do that, even if its a review of recent material, is greatly appreciated. recently I have been getting plans that are pretty specific and appear to be modified from the regular plans, but 'softened" for the varied skills of some subs. kids see through the fluff all-purpose plans and it hurts classroom management. The thing I really appreciate in plans is when I'm told who the great kids are, the ones i need to encourage, and so forth, but also tell me how awesome your kids are. heap a ton of praise on them so I can read that to them, it has a dramatic effect sometimes. when I tell them your expectations, and you heaped praise on them, they will rise to that expectation.

also detailed plans with times (even if you have a schedule on the wall) I keep those plans in my pocket while on our daily adventure (lunches, recess, planning periods etc) and it helps.
whd507 is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net