ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - A few questions as a newbie
View Single Post

Amy L

Old 02-15-2019, 09:01 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

First of all, congratulations! It'll be a lot of work, but great opportunity. I agree w pp's answers.

I'd spend some time getting to know your students; some get to know you activities, checking on current level of functioning and their goals. With the IEP's, hopefully, you'll have some help determining progress and be able to do some assessments, as well. Your sped director may be able to help direct you in that.

You'll also have to work on procedures and expectations, like you would at the beginning of the year. Maybe trying to use some of what they've been accustomed to will be helpful, while adding your own. Expect it to take some time for students to adjust.

I'd send something home, but maybe check with the P. You could also have something to send home the first week you're there.

It will probably be exciting and exhausting. Be sure to refresh yourself on your off time; eat well, try to sleep, set limits for working outside of school hours. First years are challenging. I hope you have a mentor or support in school; if not, ask about it.

Amy L is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net