ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Help with an interview!
View Single Post

cruxian

Old 05-10-2019, 04:45 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

You've done a lot of work and are really preparing for the interview!! I've done a lot of interviewing this spring and I've been on both sides of the table. I'm not sure how much help my advice will because at the end of the day I've decided that I don't know much about what administrators want or are looking for. Here's my two cents:
1. Come up with some questions that you have about the school. They are interviewing you but...you are interviewing them too. Is the school a good fit for you? What do you need to know to make that decision?
2. Look at the school's webpage. What information can you find out about the school and how can you work it into the interview questions? As an example, our school does a lot of positive recognition of students and you can see that on our webpage/FB feed. If a candidate works that into their answers, it helps.
3. Our administration actually prefers candidates with no experience. She perceives them as moldable. Emphasize your experience and passion for the job but also your flexibility and openness to feedback and new ideas.
cruxian is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net