ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - What are middle schoolers really like?
View Single Post

LuvMyRatties

Old 05-09-2020, 08:20 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Everything YouthCantKnow said is very true. The one thing I learned from one of the other teachers I work with is to build relationships with the kids. Best advice I was ever given.

They want to know you care and when they do, they usually do their best for you. It's not about being their friend. It's about listening to them or noticing what's going on with them. Letting them know you are there for them.

Even though they would never admit it, they like structure and routine. It makes them feel safe. Yes, they will push your buttons, but you learn to ignore a lot of the nonsense. When you can't, you let them know that they are stepping over a boundary and there could be consequence.

I've had many student teachers and college students observe in my room, the one thing I tell them is that it doesn't matter how well-versed in your subject you are...if you can't manage your classroom, you won't be teaching them anything.
LuvMyRatties is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net