ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Organization tips
View Single Post

LaVerne

Organization tips
Old 04-07-2007, 07:21 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Hello! Happy Easter!
I am trying to get my thoughts in order as I near the end of my first year in Title I Reading. I think I have made progress with my students and feel good about just 'diving' in to this job, after 20 years as a regular ed teacher.
I feel somewhat disorganized though. My lessons with my 39 Reading students in grades 3, 4, and 5 are directed at the weekly communication sheet between myself and the classroom teachers. ( Most of my 15 teachers return it to me with only 1 really frequent exception. For that I feel fortunate. ) I try to incorporate teaching my students about reading comp, vocabulary, and phonics using the topics that the classroom teacher in working on. The fluency section I use the reading a-z website and monitor progress at least 1 a quarter, if not more often.
I however feel a sense of not repeating the strategies and skills my students need on a regular basis. ( Does this make sense?) In my regular ed room, our school uses curriculum guides for years, and are not just text book driven, although in some teachers' cases, that is not true.
Do any of you have a suggestion as to what you do in your title room? Have you mapped out strategies so that you know you hit upon them on a rotating basis? Is there a tool you use? Any advice is welcome.
Thanks for your input.

LaVerne is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net