ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Cscope
Thread: Cscope
View Single Post

MissKayla

Old 04-23-2011, 09:14 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

We adopted CSCOPE this year and overall I am glad we did. I have problems with the Social Studies lessons, and definitely feel they need to be redone, but we tweaked and did things differently when we needed to.

I like the performance indicator checklist that you use through the six weeks for each subject, as it makes filling out the report cards for each 6 weeks a lot easier. Before CSCOPE, we had to pull kids and assess outside of the curriculum, but this way it's implemented within the lessons.

I also like that it puts every school on the exact same page, so if you get a child from a different school in your district, they will have been learning the exact same thing and you don't have to play catch up as much. I like too that it scaffolds the lessons over the grade levels, building upon what is being taught in each grade level.

We had a team of our K teachers who put together the science lessons for us, because there weren't any. Whether these lessons will be the official CSCOPE lessons, I'm not quite sure.
MissKayla is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net