ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Looking for an inclusion model
View Single Post

MrsM

Looking for an inclusion model
Old 11-20-2007, 07:27 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

If you do in-class support for Title I in a targeted assistance school, or know how it's done, could you give details here? We are hearing more and more from teachers that they want this, but the way it was handled in the past was to have the Title I teacher take over for reading class while the classroom teacher staples newsletters or grades papers. It became a break for them and I was being used. I could not reconcile that with my being in the classroom for the benefit of identified kids when I had to serve all 24.

I see myself entering a classroom in which the classroom teacher is giving a whole class lesson, and during work time I'm the first person to support the Title I identified kids. Am I far off? Or maybe I'm doing the same lesson the teacher is doing, but I'm doing it with a small group of Title kids and she's doing it with the rest of the class.

I thought I had information on a good workshop to attend, but on second look it seems to be geared toward special education inclusion. Can anyone help me?

MrsM is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net