ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Looking for an inclusion model
View Single Post

coolbeans

My school is a Title I school.........
Old 12-30-2007, 06:58 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

and we have an inclusion model for Title I reading. My school is K-5. We have two Title I teachers and 4 teacher assistants that rotate through the school four days a week. This is the way it works in our classrooms: There are two Title I teams--one teacher and 2 assistants per team. (Assistants have had training for this). They rotate throughout the school for four days a week. In each classroom the kids are divided into four reading ability reading groups. The Title I teacher takes the lowest group, the teacher takes the next to the lowest or sometimes the highest group and the assistants do the other two groups. Each teacher and assistant are responsible for their own lessons. We have 35 minutes for this reading time. Wednesday is planning day at our school. During our grade level planning time we also meet with the Title I folks during the first block of time. We discuss how things are going or if any changes need to be made, etc. When the Title I folks are not meeting with grade levels they plan their lessons for the next week. Their days are full when they are meeting with groups. This is our third year using this inclusion model and the reading scores at our school have improved greatly.

coolbeans is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net