ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Disrespectful to a tee.
View Single Post

Mshope

Why Would You Get Fired?
Old 05-07-2017, 07:14 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I don't understand why you would get fired because of this kid? I find every year out of over 100 or so students, maybe two or so really end up disliking me. Yep, they might not like me holding them accountable or not giving up on them. Sometimes they come back years later and we laugh about it. Sometimes they commit a crime or drop out of school. You do your best and then move on.

I think the "Why can't you let us do what we want to do?" is a huge compliment to you. You are teaching and holding the students to high expectations. When I am covering a class and the students are eating, drinking, wandering along, and in and out, I think, "This is terrible. No one is learning anything. The kids just waste their time in here." You are doing your job and this kid doesn't like it.

Keep up the good work. I wouldn't waster too much time worrying about this kid. You've pulled out all the stops. Keep calling home and referring him until he gets with the program. No more warnings, he is playing the system and it will catch up with him.
Mshope is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net