ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Itís fine. Iím fine. Everything is fine.
View Single Post

h0kie

Thank you
Old 10-27-2020, 04:15 PM

Thanks everyone for the support! My mind is going a million miles an hour.

My in-laws are already planning to come help. They’ve been encouraging DH to find something else, too. (The phrase “its like they feel like they own you” has been used several times.) My brother is also willing to help. Another friend gave us the name of some movers she just used and recommends. Another friend recommended a realtor. We are so, so lucky to have made good friends here.

Quote:
Tomorrow morning, ask the therapist or teacher for help with a social story regarding moving.
I *may* have texted his team leader this weekend and given her a head’s up just in case this happened. She’s prepared. All she needs are pictures. We’re staying in the area. The school is only 20 minutes from where we are now. Luckily, DS won’t have to change schools (just have his new home school write his new IEP). It’ll just add about 10-15 minutes to our drive. We’ve driven 45 minutes to school before, we can do it again.

Quote:
Just curious though, what did your husband's boss say about his resignation?
He offered to “take some responsibilities off his plate.” Mind you, a month ago when he added yet another responsibility to his plate and DH told him he was overloading him, his boss replied, “everyone is overloaded.” Plus, I’d bet my recess the responsibility they’d “take off his plate” is the only responsibility he actually wants so thanks but no thanks. It’s just not a good situation for our family anymore.

DH blamed me being unhappy and said it was a family decision to move on. (I’m perfectly fine being the bad guy especially since I am unhappy...but I prefer the word angry. )

cruxian, SEND DOUGHNUTS!
h0kie is online now   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net