ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Michelle Obama says all schools need salad bars
View Single Post

rubyanne

Old 11-23-2010, 03:33 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #21

I don't know why having a salad bar is a problem. At my school the salad is pre-made but my kindergarten students will choose it if they don't like the lunch. I also worked at a school with a salad bar and kids ate it. I think schools worry too much about what kids won't eat so they offer unhealthy choices. Limit the choice to healthier food and children will have no choice but to eat it.

My son has a salad bar that he really likes at his middle school. Of course most students choose pizza, hamburger, or other greasy foods that are offered daily.

I don't understand why people are even arguing over helping our children eat healthy! What is so wrong with Michelle Obama wanting healthier foods in our school? I know people argue that it is the parents responsibility to teach their children healthy eating but at my school most students get free or reduced lunches. That means students have to eat what is provided for them.
rubyanne is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net