ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Any other new teachers feel the same way?
View Single Post

Emptyhanded

Any other new teachers feel the same way?
Old 03-31-2017, 05:10 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I'm a new teacher. For all intents and purposes I should be having a good year. My co workers are nice, people are supportive. I only teach 4 sections of English 9 besides remedial.

I have just been so exhausted stressed and anxious. There is just a never ending to do list. I can't enjoy weeknights and I start to feel anxious again on Saturday. It almost feels unbearable. I have always wanted to be a teacher but this year is sucking everything out of me. I almost have no desire to return and want to resign at the end of the year. (Sometimes I feel like I can't even make it that far).

My admin recently put me on an improvement plan because of my management and test scores. It bothers me because for the first 27 weeks I was "doing really well" according to them. They saw my plans and how I teach and now nothing is good enough for them. I am always insufficient. I know that's the life of a teacher but I just don't know if I can take it.

Any other new teachers feel this way?

Emptyhanded is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net