ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Does where you get your degree matter?
View Single Post

greensky811

Does where you get your degree matter?
Old 11-16-2018, 09:34 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Hi all, brand new member here! I'm going back to school for Elementary Ed and am about to complete my AA degree this fall and then start in an Elementary Education program. My conundrum is deciding where to go for that program. I'm currently at a community college that offers a 4 year degree in Elementary Ed but was planning on transferring to a bigger state school because I figured it would look better for potential employers especially if I move out of state at some point. I have asked teachers and searched the web but I get a lot of mixed messages. A lot of people have told me as long as the school is legitimate, accredited and all that it doesn't matter where you go for Elementary Education. What have you all heard or found? The community college is cheaper and closer to home but I want to be properly prepared for teaching and have my degree be respected by future employers. Thanks for any info/opinions!

greensky811 is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net