ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Questions (So confused, please help)
View Single Post

Singfree

Questions (So confused, please help)
Old 03-09-2019, 01:00 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

My student teaching experience has been overwhelming and confusing. How much should my CT be helping me with planning? Should I be deciding what to teach if my CT uses a modified curriculum that has no guide?

There's no routine schedule. For example, out of the blue, I'm told, we're doing President's Day Themed activities all week and not doing a story in the reading book. Even when we do the stories in the reading book, she doesn't always follow the skills with the story, and is on a different grammar lesson then what goes with it. Or, she may tell me the evening before that she's decided to end the story we were doing all week tomorrow and do some random projects.

Then, there's all these maybes I'll do this or that, but no standards or curriculum or content to follow. It's so open-ended that I don't even know where to begin. She may on a Friday after school say, I think next week we'll take a break from the weekly story, then change her mind 4 or 5 times on what to do that next week. How do new teachers know what to teach, for how long, and in what order?

How can I contribute in these circumstances? Should I just pick a random skill or something and say lets do a lesson on this?

Last edited by Singfree; 03-09-2019 at 06:24 PM..
Singfree is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net