ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - California Credential
View Single Post

Kinderkr4zy

Old 07-21-2019, 01:29 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Sorry-late to the party.

I have a clear CA multi-subject with ELL cert.

A few years ago not all public schools were providing or paying for induction programs so I knew a few people went through San Diego State's online program for induction. Compared to other programs it was half the price when I price check it about 6 years ago. I was holding out though as I saw it coming down the pipeline that it was going to be legislated that districts had to provide induction or cover the cost. I got an extension (you only had 5 years after the issuing of your primary credential to clear it with induction) and I moved from a charter school to a public school and did my districts program. It was free, but it was 2 years long instead of 1 (SDS is 1 year I believe) but it was pretty easy, a little time consuming with busy work stuff but not too bad. I think that is pretty standard now-its been a few years since I did induction.

If you aren't working I would look into San Diego State online. If you are working (not as a sub as far as I know but as a teacher of record for a district) then your district MUST provide a program or pay for you to attend a college program.
Kinderkr4zy is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net