ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Need help motivating students!
View Single Post

MZ90

If It's Any Help
Old 02-12-2020, 10:17 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Hi htorres,

I know this is quite a late reply, but I hope it can be of use to you. I am currently enrolled in a course which focuses on self-regulated learning. Through the course I have learnt some great new ways to try to find and create more intrinsic motivation in my students. To be honest with you, most of my students relatively hand in all their assignments. But I believe putting in a strong effort, handing in assignments, and being motivated are connected.

First off, you might want to check this website, it gives a great introduction to SRL and could have some strategies that you could use when dealing with the students in your tutoring program:

https://serc.carleton.edu/sage2yc/se...ated/what.html

Secondly, maybe you could have each student start a reflection journal where they record what they learned every day, and also write about what things make them happy, motivated, or excited to learn. And then maybe some small rewards for completing that might help provide more incentive.

Anyways, I hope these suggestions were somewhat helpful, and let me know if you choose to use them and if it helps!
MZ90 is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net