ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Hectic classroom
View Single Post

bolthouse

Management Help
Old 10-11-2011, 11:04 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Being a first year teacher or a teacher in general can be very tough; especially if you haven't had experience with classroom management whether in practice or professional. A way that you and/or your teacher could do is start by making classroom rules. Though I'm sure there are rules already set in the classroom but something I have seen is that when teachers allow students to be involved in updating the classroom rules they tend to follow them more often. As well as, they know the rules better and will notice when peers are not following the rules. Another way to get control of the classroom is to ALWAYS follow through with any and all actions, consequences, etc that you tell students will happen if/when their behavior or an action doesn't change or stop. The only way that this will work is if you and/or your teacher follow through with this every time and with every student, no exceptions. Because if one student is allowed to be exempt from consequences; this will only encourage other students to follow the misbehavior or bad actions of the student who didn't get in trouble. These are just two ways to start gaining control of the classroom. I would love to hear back about how things are going now.
bolthouse is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net