ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Interview Help
Thread: Interview Help
View Single Post

GraceKrispy

Old 06-08-2020, 11:32 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Sorry you didn't get the job (glad they at least told you- and so soon). It's hard to know what might not have gone as well (might have nothing to do with you- someone else was just more in line with what they wanted, or they had someone in mind to begin with) without knowing your answers (and even then, we don't really know). I'll give my ideas for a few of those questions.

Tell us about yourself-- I'd want to keep it brief and focused on something about you as a teacher. So many people ramble about their entire life history when they get asked this question.

I think the three "describe ...." questions, the parental involvement question, the differentiation question, and the tech question are really personal to you and depend on you to know best practices in those areas, so I don't have anything to say about those. If you aren't familiar with them, it's a great opportunity to do some reading and research.

Why are you the best candidate? Any time you interview for a school, I'm assuming you do some research into the school and what types of programs they offer and what they are known for (or what they struggle with). And sell yourself with how your skills are a great fit for that school. A mistake I have seen people make with this question is in putting down what's happening already. Don't ever insult a program by indicating that your skills are needed because their school completely lacks someone who can do what you do. Instead, talk about how your skills fit perfectly with the mission of the school and the philosophy they follow.

Working with colleagues- I'd talk about your communication style, collaboration, how you work through differences of opinion, etc.

1st day of school- I'd talk about establishing routines and rapport, and engaging students by getting their interest right away.

I hope you get another interview soon and it goes very well!
GraceKrispy is online now   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net