ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Alcohol Inked Rocks
View Single Post

KeyKid

Alcohol Inked Rocks
Old 06-25-2020, 04:04 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Shari Carroll was featured on the Simon Says Stamp Blog on June 16. There is a video within the blog post. After watching, I said, "I need some rocks!"

I was heading to shop in a neighboring county yesterday and did some searching for landscaping places and found one that was on the way. I stopped there, got out of the car with my fabric shopping bag and a guy met me. I said I'm interested in some river rock about this big and made a 3"ish oval with my hands. He pointed to a HUGE outdoor bin and said there they are. He asked what I was going to do with them. I said I was going to paint them with alcohol inks and then probably give them away. I noticed another HUGE bin a couple away that had smaller river rock. I asked if I could mix and match from both of the bins. He nodded and looked like he was thinking, "Crazy lady." He said to get what I wanted and come into the office. I brought the bag to the office and pulled up the picture from the blog post on my phone to show him. He nodded and said, "Tell you what. You bring me a painted rock and you can have what's in the bag." Really?? I will bring you a painted rock! I weighed the bag when I got home just because I was curious. I had 12 pounds.

I washed them yesterday and let them dry overnight. I painted them all with white acrylic paint today. I should have let those dry overnight but I was antsy so I did a large and a small rock. After drying at least overnight, I'll spray with a polyurethane coating.

Attachment

Sign in to view attachment. Not a member? Sign Up FREE
KeyKid is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net