ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Job Share curriculum dividing
View Single Post

Coopsgrammy

Job Share
Old 07-16-2012, 06:29 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I have taught in a job share for the past four years. I was hired when the other teacher returned from maternity leave and needed to work half days. She had been teaching First grade for ten years. (Small school, only one class in each grade.) We split our time morning and afternoon. My co-teacher taught Language Arts in the morning. In the afternoon I taught Math, Science, and Social Studies. Often, we would integrate subject matter, starting a project in the morning and finishing it in the afternoon. This was especially fun when presenting student work on a bulletin board, giving coverage of the "whole class". This year I will teach full time. I must admit, I am looking forward to making the class my own and instituting my own management style.

If your teaching styles are similar, I would carry on math lessons. Many students need daily coverage on concepts. Also, make sure you dove-tail on discipline/management and communicate often to stay on the same page. Otherwise, students will play you off each other similar to parents. (Experience speaking here.)

I have really enjoyed my job share experience. Good luck on your new adventure!!
Coopsgrammy is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net