ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - student behavior help (long, sorry)
View Single Post

knitting987!

Old 04-14-2013, 09:14 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #10

As I cleaned this morning, I thought about this. One thing that worked for me when I subbed a first grade was to talk with the class without the troubling student in the class. It really worked and helped! I'll never forget that. I didn't say anything negative about said student. I told the class he is learning and it is their job to react correctly and we really went over what this looked like. When said student does x, they are to react a cerain way. Practice the situations with the class so they are your helpers and can get the student to act correctly. Team or table ponts work well too for some kids. The good kids get the poor behaving kids to act correctly for the pont. That was magic in some situations too. Just thought I'd share. You may want to try this. Don't punish the child to get him out. In my case the child had to go to the office to take his adhd med. and I used the time to talk to the class and we planned out their day as to how they were going to react. That was one of the best teaching moments I've had.

knitting987! is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net