ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - take me off your list
View Single Post
LostINRoom

LostINRoom

I get it
Old 11-06-2018, 02:51 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #11

"I'm talking about little things. The teacher can't think of EVERY LITTLE THING and probably (if not anal) appreciates it. An example: I make my own papers that say "student name, date, time out, time in, where they are going." Not all teachers have this and I do it in case of a lockdown - I know who is missing if they wrote the time out, but no time "in." I then take it off and staple it to the notes. That is NOT spelled out in the lesson plan, but I do it, anyway, every time."

So it's not like you're altering plans like if that plan says to have them read pages 38-99 of Matilda, you're not going to put on the movie with Matilda. It's the little things indeed. I kinda do that too especially when it comes to allowing them the freedom to use the restroom or access their locker. I have to admit, although I'm not good at remembering in general, I keep track of the coming's and going's inside the room. You'd be surprised to know that students still ask why we need to use a pass especially in junior high. It's like they've never used it before so I had to explain that it's for me to keep track especially for the reasons you listed. But I had stopped the out-in until there's a lot asking/requesting. All this is not altering the plan but now that you mentioned it, I wish more teachers would tell us basic procedures such as this so we don't have to hear "...but that's not the way our teacher does it!". Waste of time arguing.

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net