ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - take me off your list
View Single Post

theapple

Do Yourself a Favor...
Old 11-07-2018, 05:33 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #15

Use the "If you have any questions, suggestions, etc., please contact me" line. That will be your best thing.

Also, unless you are left with extremely vague sub plans, do NOT "take the liberty of adjusting the plans to what you think is better." I, for one, do not care if you have over 30 years experience, National Board Certification, awards, accolades, whatever. If I leave plans for a sub, I expect the plans to be completed as directed unless there was a major problem (no lights, campus emergency) and will not tolerate any excuse as to why a sub decided to change my plans or not follow them at all. I am in SPED. I take the time to ensure that my plans include activities and instructions for a sub that will allow my students to function in their general education classroom with their accommodations. They also include self-guided or teacher guided (with detailed instruction) activities that meet their IEP goals and objectives. There are actually quite a few teachers that will leave detailed plans and instructions for a sub to complete the day's lessons so that the students will not fall behind. It is imperative to follow the plans that are left (unless they are extremely vague like the birthday one you described).
theapple is online now   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net