ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Sub shortage
Thread: Sub shortage
View Single Post

dietcoke99

Old 11-10-2018, 10:09 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #12

<At the end of the 8 days the room was a disaster and the teacher came back to find that nothing had gone as she'd planned.> etc., etc., etc.,

I find this extremely arrogant.

I would have more respect for someone who said, "This person had a really hard time, based on what I have knowledge of, which is only that nothing had been done as planned, and only that reported by the teacher." 8 days is a really long time for a sub. I wonder if this is his first time in a position for this long as a sub? I wish I could have helped him more, but I really didn't know that he was doing this poorly and was having such a hard time. I honestly had never even talked to him. If I had it to do over again I would definitely do it differently. At least I learned and will do it better next time, instead of saying how terrible he is, how great I am, especially when I don't really know and never talked to him so he didn't have the opportunity to defend himself - it is easier and it makes me feel better to just tear him down."

<you get my drift, but I'm sure it will fall on deaf, arrogant ears, who will try to tear me down, as well.>

We're getting into the "tear other subs down" threads, like we had when I first came on here, and what made me quit. I was glad that when I came back because it was different and had changed, but it looks like we're returning. <Sigh>
dietcoke99 is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net