ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - The stress. Oh, the stress.
View Single Post

mooba1

Old 11-10-2018, 12:00 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Subasaurus, Iím totally with you on the holiday stress. Ugggghhh, Iím so dreading the grating Christmas carols and the spend, spend, spend advertising. Most people look forward to the holidays. I canít wait for January 1st. <Mooba steps down from soapbox>

Getting back to the point of your post, one thing that has helped me in all areas of my life is to find the silver lining in every situation. For example, last year, I came out of my sub job at the end of the day to discover my car wouldnít start. Fortunately, I was in a parking lot instead of on the road, it was daytime, I had jumper cables, it wasnít raining, and my car was situated so that I could get a jump from someone else. Also, I had plenty of time to drive straight to Firestone and get a new battery. Thank you, universe!

Iíve been practicing being grateful for some years now, and itís become a habit. It has changed my life so much, and made me a much happier person. Of course, there are still the problems you mentioned, but maybe by sending out positivity, we can bring some light into the lives of those we teach, as well as our coworkers.

Do I do this every day? Nope, Iím not that evolved, but Iím trying. Well, most days Iím trying. I hope you can find some peace within yourself, Subasaurus. I always enjoy reading your posts. Hang in there.
mooba1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net