ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Questioning you as soon as students walk in room
View Single Post

ElemEd

It is a happy thing!
Old 11-28-2018, 10:39 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

Of course they are curious about us. We are the big event of the day. I do the same as Lisa - get in early enough to put something on the board. I just let them know that we'll talk about everything when they are in class, and settled.

I am a retired elementary school teacher (big surprise! as if my pic and screen name didn't give that away already!), so I only sub elementary schools. Instead of writing my name, I draw a picture, and let them guess. My last name is North. If I have K through 2nd, I draw a picture of the North Pole with Santa's workshop, snow, a pole, and a sled full of toys. When they guess, I write my name, and tell them this will help them remember. (It does.) If I have 3rd through 5th, I change it up a bit. I draw a compass rose, and have the class identify the points, East, South, West, and finally North, then write my name. It kind of sets up the day with a friendly vibe.

I totally love subbing. Retired last year, so am just getting started. I say that now I am 'dabbling in teaching.'
ElemEd is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net