ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Had a talk with an administrator today.....
View Single Post

SubMan

Old 12-02-2018, 06:21 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #10

I’m in Pennsylvania and I find a great deal of variety in the way subs are treated even within the same district.

All districts and sub services consider it our (and not theirs) responsibility to keep up with mandated training. Here we have act 48 training that requires 6 graduate level credits every 5 years in order to keep your certification up to date. This is expensive for a substitute to accomplish. I recently approached a building principal about technology training for substitutes after I helped another sub set up the tech in the classroom. I offered to teach a class over the summer. I’ve heard nothing back on this.

I found Kelly services to be of the my way or the highway mindset (I no longer sub for them). Another sub service (local hr agency who sees money to be made) is complete confusion when dealing with. Be prepared to explain why you are calling (pay issues) at least 6 times before you are connected to someone who can help. The best to deal with are the districts that handle their own subs. I’ve actually written letters to school boards praising employees who have helped me.

SubMan is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net