ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Fun day
Thread: Fun day
View Single Post

spedder1

Fun day
Old 12-06-2018, 05:38 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I got a a phone call earlier this week from an Autism teacher, asking me if I could sub for her. We worked it out so I could sub for her today. She told me that her new para was so excited I was going to be there. The para is a former para, and friend, of mine. We worked together so long that I swear we can read each others' minds. It helped that one student's parent withdrew him. Another student was absent. Both are stinkers. We had a ton of fun today. The other 2 Autism teachers are great and made sure to tell me they would call me personally if they needed me. That's what I wanted to hear!

I feel so much better subbing this year. The lack of stress of a long term sub job is amazing. Even if I work 5 days/week it is still different from working 5 days/week for several weeks. I am working 5 days next week in 2 different buildings. I'm keeping busy, which is what a want to do! I'm also taking mental health days as often as possible. When I'm not feeling good, I take myself off of the availability list. I finally listened to those of you who told me I was overdoing it.

Kahty

spedder1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net