ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Leaving Long Term Sub Assignment Early (No Contract)
View Single Post

mooba1

Old 01-06-2019, 01:07 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Sounds like you were set up to fail from day one, and lisa53 is correct in that you just need to give a dayís notice. Now, since it sounds like you also sub at other schools in the same district, I would think it best for you to sub for the ONE week the sub coordinator has put in for you. In this way, you can give the principal a one week notice. If he decides to be snarky (highly likely), he might say you can just leave at the end of the workday. Fine. Either way, you will have handled the situation in a professional manner.

I would document, document, document, just in case. I have found that documented evidence comes in handy in a variety of situations. Also, when/if the sub coordinator and the principal ask why you donít want to continue the assignment, you can refer to your written documentation.

You are correct to put this school in your rear view mirror ASAP. Your mental health is certainly worth more than $90 a day. Good luck, and please let us know the update. Good for you for taking care of yourself!
mooba1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net