View Single Post
guest4today

guest4today

hope is didn't make a mistake
Old 01-11-2019, 11:52 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Hi:
I signed out for this.

I don't know if this is the right group to post this but I currently am a substitute teacher. I applied for a Language Arts position through a local school district that I sub for. Where I am the substitutes are outsourced.

So, the school secretary called me and said are you available to interview tomorrow and although it was short notice and a surprise I said sure and made it work. Anyway, what caught me off guard was that I expected the interview to be with the district but when I got there the principal told me they gave the job I originally applied for to someone else and asked if I could do a long term but only through the outsourced sub agency. I never apply to those that are outsourced because the pay is terribly low and the work load is that of a regular teacher and then some because I wouldn't be familiar with any of the students.

Long story short I turned it down because it was just so unexpected and I didn't want to be overly stressed like that for little pay for the next 6 weeks and I feared that if I didn't do a perfect job that they would never hire me. But, now I wonder if I shot myself in the foot because I didn't bend over backwards and help them out? Any thoughts or advice? Feeling a bit bummed now wish I had more time to think it over.

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net