ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Off the list!
Thread: Off the list!
View Single Post

ricethought

Off the list!
Old 01-12-2019, 01:08 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I recently discovered this forum and could not be more delighted...or not delighted to see how RELATABLE so many posts are. It's good to know I am not alone in my struggles to be a sub. I am young--only 22 and been subbing for five months. Its the toughest job I have ever had. Talking it out with my family helps, but they just can't relate.

I took a roving job for the first time, and didn't quite understand how it works. I was given two sub schedules, and I followed the wrong one. I went to the next class 15 min late because I was writing a note for the last. I didn't realize I was late until I walked to the class and the teacher was standing outside his door yelling across the school "WHERE IS MY SUB?" I said "hello sir I am here" and he proceeded to yell "where have you been? you are fifteen minutes late. I dont even have time to explain the lesson plan--you'll have to figure it out for yourself." Yes. he screamed at me in front of his fourth grade students. He was a pretty tall elderly man. I am a small woman. I had no control after that. I held back my tears and waited until lunch to talk to an administrator. Before I could speak of the incident, i burst into tears and the principal ended up getting involved. They assured me the teacher would not be back and I would not have to deal with him again. But in the last ten minutes of class, he suddenly showed up with a very, very forced apology IN FRONT OF THE STUDENTS. I have never felt more humiliation and anxiety. Not going back to that school.

ricethought is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net