ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Getting EdD.. Need advice on difficult group member!
View Single Post

tinkerbelle81

Getting EdD.. Need advice on difficult group member!
Old 07-28-2010, 08:56 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

So I am working on a paper with 4 other teachers/administrators. There is one member of this group whom I have always questioned trhe quality of her work, however I joined because I wanted to work with the other three.

Our paper is due Saturday. We had agreed to have all portions ready by tomm, Thursday, to put together into one cohesive assignment. All the other group members had emailed their parts, so I was working on my section and the finished product. Whoever put the paper together did not know how to format our page numbers correctly, and to be honest, I can't remember either, so I did what I always do.. I used one of my old assignments to get the correct formating from.

After I copied and pasted the paper, I noticed four words in our introduction that were blue and underlined, looking suspiciously like hyperlinks. Low and behold, as I hovered over the words, I found that they linked to WIKIPEDIA!!! I copied that entire sentence and pasted it into google. I found the whole think, in wikipedia. I started doing it with the rest of the sentences, and found them to, in a number of other websites. Basically this girl, the one whose work I questioned, plagiarized her entire section of our paper. 2 pages of introduction, and a paragraph summary at the end.

Our presentation is this Saturday. The goal was to have the paper completed early Thursday so we could edit, and work on our powerpoint. I am supposed to email the group the updated version of the paper, including my portion. This version now has highlighing and comments all over the first two pages showing where the text was taken from. Should I send this to the whole group? Or should I send it just to her, and hope that she fixes it in time?

tinkerbelle81 is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net