ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Question about constant intimination
View Single Post

kaliu2fan

Question about constant intimination
Old 07-12-2013, 08:08 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Last year I started subbing after I completed my Middle School Social Studies/ Language Arts class but my mother passed away and I needed time so I have not completed my Praxis 2 but I am in that process. Here is my question:
I have been in two classes last year where the students have been very, in my opinion, abusive to me. Mostly boys, they beret me and try as I may to ignore them when they get the entire class going I do not know how to get it back in control. Nothing from my classroom management classes ever prepared me for that situation.
For instance, I have had pictures drawn of me in various death scenes. I have been yelled at and cussed at and intimidated by students upset because I was a sub that was making them work- how dare I. Also, many times teachers think that they are leaving enough work for them- I try to have fillers but keeping enough for all grade levels is difficult not to mention the cost I absorb to copy them for those classes. Any suggestion that would keep the cost at the school would be appreciated.
Thank you for your help

kaliu2fan is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net