ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Families aren't as perfect as they seem....
View Single Post
:(

:(

Families aren't as perfect as they seem....
Old 07-13-2009, 09:20 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I am a regular poster on this site, but signed out in case people on here know me... I am just needing to vent a little bit...

About 3 months ago my father came out an told me he has been using crystal meth for the past 15 years. I was completely shocked. He has been highly functional, and works for his own company, making enough money so my mom has not had to work in about 12 years. I always took pride in the "fact" that i had the "perfect family"... married parents, a brother, and a dog.

This has been a real struggle for me, but even more so recently. Dad went through rehab, and is currently separated from my mom. My mom just got done passing 4 kidney stones. I feel like I have become the caretaker in the family and I am feeling downright drained.

I found out yesterday that after going about 90 days clean my dad relapsed. I haven't been angry with him until now, and I'm having a hard time dealing with my own feelings. I don't trust him at this point, and that makes me so sad... he's my daddy...

ugh. I just needed to talk about it a little... thought it might help me feel better.

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net