ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Adapting a Hough. Mifflin Theme test
View Single Post

tchr45th

Adapting a Hough. Mifflin Theme test
Old 09-12-2009, 05:21 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Ok, since I have this spec ed 5th gr that reads at gr 2--and I am giving a theme test in a week--I need to find some worksheets in a book or online site that address topics such as inflected endings, suffixes, compound words, types of sentences etc. spelling, comprehension etc-----I asked the spec ed teacher (in writing) for help--none so far.

Can anyone recommend a website that I can get some things from or a publisher of workbooks? I was told I WILL teach 5th grade standards and I WILL give a theme test to his ability that can be read at gr 2 level. Said curric director said I HAD to write it myself, but I think she is nuts. I have enough work--they can at least buy me materials if they give me a spec ed kid and expect me to teach him instead of spec ed class.

If you know Houghton Miiff theme tests--I was thinking giving him a packet with a couple one page comp rdg sheets with 5 questions, and maybe four other task specific wksheets like on suffixs or prefixes or what ever would be a good substitute??? Your thoughts???

tchr45th is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net