ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Adding spice to parent night at school
View Single Post

camp823

Adding spice to parent night at school
Old 01-03-2012, 12:41 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Hello All-
I would love to bounce some ideas off of your creative brains. I am a GT teacher for grades 1-4. Each year we do an involved research project that takes several months to complete. The kids select a topic and we train them on how to research and present the material. The students make a tri fold board of their information and we have a special night at school for the parents to come view their projects. In the past it has been just a gallery of their work and the parents come walk around and look at the different projects. The students are required to stay the entire hour but are finished looking at all of the projects in 20-30 minutes. I wanted to spice up the night a little by doing something fun with the info from the projects and make it a little more interactive. I've thought about doing a "Smarter Than a GT Student" game show type thing. The questions would come from the info from the project and parents could participate, but I don't know how to make it work with 30-40 students AND their parents. I've also thought about making a scavenger hunt with questions from their projects and they would have to move throughout the projects and actually read the info to find the answer. Help! What are some ideas you all have to help our parent night become more "spicy" and not so "bland".

camp823 is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net