ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - How to Re-use a link for Google Meet
View Single Post

Haley23

Old 04-04-2020, 06:45 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

Ah, I forgot that was an issue with google. I heard they were "fixing it" but apparently that hasn't happened? We are actually only allowed to use zoom for this reason. In zoom you can't join the meeting before the host or stay/go back in after the host has left.

In that case, I probably wouldn't post the same link for students to have for that reason. I'd make a new link every day and schedule it to post a few minutes before students need it, and then delete that post at the end of the meeting. I'd still make the "topic" of "daily google meet" or whatever, and then just whenever you create the next day's meeting, schedule it to post in google classroom no sooner than 5 minutes before the meeting starts, and make sure you're in there as soon as it posts. That way students know where to look for the link every day but they can't click on it early/at other times. Students could always save the link on their own computers, but that would at least take more forethought on their part than just being able to click on it in google classroom...
Haley23 is online now   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net