ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - What happens if a parent won't show up for an initial IEP?
View Single Post

Haley23

Old 12-05-2019, 04:35 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

Quote:
In our district we offer 3 different times to have a meeting. Parent doesnít show or we canít make contact for the first 2 times, then on #3 we hold the meeting without them, give them the 7 day grace period to look over the IEP findings and results. If no contact, then we implement the IEP. My best friend in these situations is to continually document every time contact is attempted.
That's what we do for any other meeting, but I've been told we're not allowed to hold initials without parents. I seem to remember a situation many years ago where a parent was legitmately in the ER or something and we "started the meeting" on the correct date and then "stopped the meeting" due to "insufficient information" (no parent input) and then continued with the parent later. It was okay because the meeting had technically started on the correct date. I'll ask my sped director about that. I was just curious to see if anyone else had this happen.
Haley23 is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net